Ahhh sushi…one of my favorite words in the whole world. However, it is not necessarily that the word is my favorite, since words are only arbitrary, but it is the meaning associated with the word that gives me great pleasure, being the beautiful little delicacies comprised of fresh seafood, avocado, seaweed, and sticky rice. Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to celebrate Valentine’s Day with some sushi and my lovely godparents, cousins, and aunt!
Before I share some pictures, here are a few of thoughts regarding sushi.
- When I am referring to sushi, I am speaking about sushi rolls. There is a difference and it caused me a lot of confusion before I knew the distinction between the two. Sushi is simply a ball of rice with a sliver of fish, other various protein sources, or vegetables on top. Sushi rolls are the prettier, more fun, and more expensive entrée. I enjoy the latter of course.
- I do not like cream cheese in my sushi. I’m sorry, but I do not think that dairy and fish mix well. This is a very Americanized ingredient.
- Avocado is another ingredient that America incorporated into sushi. However, I do like avocado because it adds to the freshness.
- Sushi dates with friends are the best…especially when it’s warm enough to eat outside (see photo below).
- Sushi dates with family are great too.
- Sushi dates in general are wonderful! Sometimes I go by myself haha.
- I think that a cup of miso soup and a bowl of seaweed salad are the perfect complements to a great sushi meal.
- Sushi is beautiful. I can’t help myself when my plate comes. I always have to take a picture. Sushi and its making is definitely a highly detailed and skilled art.
- I love sushi and I think you get the point.