Closing out my first weekend in Sevilla and let me just say that I walked most of it. I am so glad that I brought two pairs of tennis shoes! Here are some updates…
- My host mom is really trying hard to please me with my meals. They have gotten better, and my lunch on Saturday was amazing. I could eat it everyday haha. It was a plate of hard-boiled eggs, potatoes, and green peppers w/ a little bit of vinegar and olive oil. She also made me a soup and for dessert, she gave me bananas and orange slices. Also, I don’t know if leftovers are a thing here??
- I got a gym membership and have been going ever since. I feel like everyone knows I’m American because I watch Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, and Justin Bieber music videos while I’m on the treadmill. It feels good to get back into my fitness routine.
- I miss home like crazy and cry everyday.
- Went on a bike tour and saw La Plaza de España (Planet Naboo from Star Wars).
- My three-hour intensive Spanish class starts tomorrow. Pray for me.
- I have so much anxiety anytime I have to speak in Spanish.
- Signed up for excursions to Jerez, the wine capital of Spain, and to Granada for an overnight trip!
- The weather was really nice today. I sat by the river, ate some ice cream, and journaled for an hour. I think I actually got a little tan too:)
- My room is still an ice cube.