Today was definitely a rollercoaster of a day. However, it ended on a high, so that’s all that matters right? Here’s a recap from today and pics from throughout the week…
- Started crying this morning because I miss home.
- My host mom saw that my eyes were really wet and she mentioned something, which made me cry even more.
- Started crying after lunch because I wanted to go home.
- Talked to my mom on the phone…hearing her voice just made me cry again and miss her even more.
- Woke up, drank my green tea, and watched No Strings Attached on Netflix.
- Went to Starbuck’s for a midmorning pick-me-up since lunch isn’t until 3:30pm.
- Found out that I got an A+ on my first paper.
- Found out that I made IU’s Dean’s List for the third year in a row.
- Had a yummy lunch- garbanzo bean soup, a salad, and a pear.
- Talked to my mom on the phone… she gave me some good advice and comforted me, but also made me remember that I need to make the most of my short time here. While 4 months seems like a long time, she helped me realize that 4 months in relation to my whole life is very, very short. So, I need to make the best of it!
- Got out of my room and went to get some dessert to cheer me up:)
- Went to the supermarket to pick up some snacks since my stash my home is running low.
- Went to get pizza for dinner:) (Today was my rest day from the gym and cheat day from eating super clean.)
- Took a stroll by the river.
- Came back to my room and did a charcoal face mask.
- Started texting all of my American friends in my program to start planning weekend trips!!! Here is what is on the drawing board so far…
- Paris, France. — no need to explain hehe.
- Zurich, Switzerland. — Ed Sheeran concert!!
- Lagos, Portugal. — Beach vaca!!
- Morocco, Africa. — camel rides, beaches, buffets, shopping, etc.
- Going to bed and feeling a lot better than I did this morning.
P.S. The cover photo is a picture that I took from my favorite journaling spot by the river!