One of my aunts, who previously lived in Barcelona for two years, gave me some advice about transitioning to a new country. She introduced me to the idea of “little wins.” The concept of the phrase is to recognize times that I have accomplished simple tasks that will eventually make Spain feel a little more like home. This weekend, I had several little wins that I would like to share 🙂
- Went on my first day trip to Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. We visited el centro (essentially their “downtown”), the cathedral, and a winery called Bodega Tio Pepe (pictured in my cover photo)!
- Found a BEAUTIFUL Catholic church (Iglesia de Santa María Magdalena), where I will start attending weekly mass. It is only a 10 minute walk away from my apartment!
- Finally put up some pictures on the bulletin board in my room!
- Journaled and went on a walk by the river in the 65 degree weather and discovered two new bridges.
- To top it all off, I got a tan today!!
Things are getting better.