Hola! I just got back from an unforgettable trip in Madrid with my Sports and Nature Interest Group! Below is a recap (with pics of course) and some random thoughts as my semester abroad is quickly coming to an end.
Things I am looking forward to when I get home: (warning: most are food-related
- Halotop ice cream
- Greek yogurt
- Sushi buffets
- 24-Hour Kroger
- Almond butter
- Making meals with garbanzo beans! I tried them for the first time in Spain and am obsessed!
- Normal gym hours
- Driving and listening to country music
- Mass in English (I have a hard time understanding the homilies here.)
Things I will miss about studying abroad:
- Morning walks by the river
- The steam room in my gym’s locker-room
- Getting to fly to different countries for less than $200
- No snow in the winter!
- Having prepared salads in the fridge for dinner everyday
- My host family (shoutout to María and my host mom)
- Having a beach an hour away
- Meeting American students from all over the U.S.
- Laid-back professors
- The bakery shop owner that always waves to me as I’m leaving my apartment building
- How quickly I can get a tan in Sevilla
- The beautiful architecture and detailing of the churches
I’m sure there are a lot of things that I am missing on both of these lists, but it’s bedtime for me haha. My family is coming on Friday and we are flying to Barcelona for half the week and coming back to Sevilla for the second half. 17 days left in Europe!