After reading this month’s issue of Shape magazine, here are a few things I learned and wanted to share!!
- You should throw away your hairbrush after a year because of the bacteria buildup.
- Eyelash and eyebrow shampoo exists haha.
- “A University of Liverpool study found that when people apply sunscreen to their face, they miss 10 percent on average — often around the eyes” (36).
- While people with darker skin tones have a lower incidence of skin cancer, the survival rate is worse because it is not diagnosed until the later stages.
- A true smile is called a Duchenne and is achieved when you “pull the corners of your mouth up and engage the eye muscles so little crow’s-feet appear” (50).
- There are over 50 types of smiles!
- Retro tracksuits are in style this spring.
- High blood pressure and depression can result from not allowing yourself to process your emotions appropriately.
- The average American spends 95% of their life indoors… what.
**All this information was from the May 2018 Shape magazine. Volume 37, Number 8.**