HOT YOGA. One of my all-time favorite workouts. Also, one of the more challenging workouts that I perform. I frequently participate in Hot Power Vinyasa. This type of class focuses on power and movement with added cardio, balance, strength, and relaxation. I love setting an intention for my practice. Doing so allows me to push through the soreness I may be feeling or the urge to just curl up into child’s pose. For example, on Tuesday, my intention was to detox my body of negative thoughts, feelings, and toxins. Today, I wanted to focus on strengthening my mental and physical health. It is so worth the sweat and work it takes to hold that Crescent Lunge to Warrior 3/(insert any other difficult sequence) though!! Listed below are only some of the benefits of hot yoga that I found online to encourage you to give it a go! Leave a comment if you have any questions!
- Reduces the likelihood of injury
- The excessive sweating that is bound to happen releases the body’s toxins.
- The focus on breathing increases one’s lung capacity.
- Increases blood circulation
- Strengthens immune system & elevates the body’s regenerative capacity
- The high temp increases muscle flexibility.
- Supports weight-loss due to the amount of sweat left on your mat/clothes
Full article: HERE!
Tomorrow is #FriYAY! Get pumped!
P.S. If you don’t know what the poses that I mentioned look like, here you go…
***I do not own the images used in this post.***