Disclaimer: This is not a hate letter. This is me finally experiencing genuine love and respect and hoping that the boys from my previous relationships have learned some things along the way.
- Thank you for showing me what love is not.
- I hope you have learned by now that cancelling plans last minute and expecting your girl to forgive you without hesitation is not realistic.
- Talking behind your girlfriend’s back will somehow find its way back to her.
- Thinking that your girlfriend is always looking for attention demonstrates your insecurities. Stop trying to bring other people down.
- Most of the time arguments were started because I wanted what was best for you… avoiding things like: drugs, binge-drinking, vaping, and procrastinating.
- Poor communication–ignoring calls, not responding to important texts, and assuming is not attractive.
- Breaking up with me because I won’t have sex with you is a sign of your immaturity.
- If you are serious about the person that you’re with, don’t be afraid to introduce them to your friends and family.
- Make your girlfriend feel special and valued from time to time.
- Girls appreciate when you make plans ahead of time. It doesn’t have to be a year in advance, but things that are a week or two away can be planned for.
- Being afraid of commitment is okay at first, but when you cannot provide a reason for why you won’t commit later on, it’s also a sign of immaturity.
- Lastly, I want each of you to find and experience love. I want you to find a partner who is your best friend, lover, travel partner, plus one to events, etc. I have found that person and it makes everything worth it. You deserve happiness and companionship.
***I do not own the cover image used in this post.***