As summer and vacation season gets closer, I thought I’d share some travel tips and tricks I have learned over the years! Comment any of yours below that I missed!
- Roll your clothes! It honestly saves so much space.
- No matter how hot it is outside, wear comfy sweats, leggings, or jeans on the airplane! It is always a little chilly. Layer up top! If you are more of a shorts person, put a light blanket in your carry-on bag.
- Eat before your flight if possible. Pack protein bars, snacks, and an empty water bottle that you can fill up after you pass security. Airport prices are steep!!!
- Make sure your earphones are charged and your favorite playlists are downloaded (for all your Spotify users).
- If you’re checking your luggage and it’s black and boring like 95% of the population, add a ribbon or colorful luggage tag to make it easier to find at the carousel.
- Apply for a travel credit card if you don’t have one already. I use my Southwest card as my primary one because honestly… travel/exploring new places > racking up more American Eagle credits and buying new clothes that I definitely don’t need lol.
- If you have a long, AM flight, wear your glasses on the flight and put your contacts in once you get to your destination. If you have perfect 20/20 vision, ignore that tip, and know that I am very jealous of you.
- Braid your hair or put it up in a loose pony because it will get pretty static-y and messy if you plan on sleeping during the flight.
- Hydrate your body with H2O and skin with moisturizer the time leading up to your flight because the recycled airplane air is SO dry.
- You know it happens every time you go to plug your phone in at night when you’re traveling… there is either a scarcity of outlets or it’s SO far from your bed. Pack an extension cord and/or a power strip!
- Always pack hand sanitizer. #germfreak
- Keep a general packing list that you can print off for each trip.
THINGS I WANT TO TRY:
- Apparently marking your check-in luggage as “fragile” will 1) presumably lead to more careful care with your things and 2) possibly let your bag be the first one out on the carousel because it will be on top of the pile!
- Stash bobby pins in an empty tictac container.
- Stash your charging cords that you want quick access to in an old sunglasses case.
***I do not own the cover image used in this post.***