Happy Friday!! Below is a compilation of things/activities to make your day a littler sunnier (a.k.a happier)! Comment anything that you think should be added!
If any of you are foodies like me, then you will already know some restaurant hacks to save you a buck or five! Below is a list of things I do to save myself some dough while eating out!
- Order water to drink! Let’s be honest. Your skin probably needs it. Your digestive system will thank you, and so will your wallet. Have water and add lemon for some flavor.
- Go to a BYOB restaurant. If you cannot bring yourself to only drink water with your meal, then do some research, and find a place that allows you to bring your own drinks.
Sometimes winter has us in a slump. I know I get grumpy when I haven’t seen or felt the warm sunshine in awhile. Regardless of the season though, here are 10 steps you can take to make you feel better at the end of each day!
With very sensitive skin and a history of too many medications, ointments, and skin disasters, below are some skin tips/tricks that I’ve learned over the years…
- moisturize within the minute of washing your face or getting out of the shower.
- avoid drinking alcohol, or at the very least, minimize binge drinking occurrences.
- avoid fried, greasy foods as much as possible.
- same with sugar.
Below you will find some of my favorite workout staples!! Comment below if you have any questions about sizing and fit!
Lululemon Speed Up Tight:
comfy, breathable, keeps you cool (even during hot yoga), annnnd pockets!!
The Incredible Lightweight by Victoria Sport Bra:
padded, medium-impact, stylish, and so comfy!
Click HERE for the recipe!
- BBQ sauce
- red bell peppers
- pinch of cheese
- Make sure you have a food processor! We only had a mini Ninja blender and did not get the consistency right because we ended up having to add (and then strain out) so much water! If this happens to you too, just leave it in the oven longer to get crispy.
- 1 head of cauliflower will make the same size as ours. So, if you’re feeding more than 2 people, double or triple the recipe!
- Clean as you go! Things got a little messy.
- HAVE FUN with it! Make it multiple times and switch up your toppings. So many creative opportunities with pizza.
Yesterday, I was baking in the kitchen for a good portion of the day! Made my favorite banana bread recipe with a twist…
Instead of eggs:
I used 1 tablespoon of chia seeds + 1/3 cup water (per egg that the recipe calls for) & let this sit for 15 minutes before mixing it in with the other ingredients.
Instead of greek yogurt:
I used coconut yogurt, which is dairy-free!
A list of some things I do to create balance in my life when it comes to food, health, and fitness.
- Never skip breakfast.
- Eat breakfast like a king… lunch like a prince… and dinner like a pauper.
- Try to have your 1-2 sweet treats in the morning/early afternoon.
- Try not to eat 3-4 hours before bedtime. You’ll actually sleep better if you do this!
- Limit caffeine intake to the morning and NOT past noon.
- Get some exercise everyday! (even if this is just a 30-minute walk on your day(s) off from the gym)
- Try to break a GOOD sweat at least 3x a week.
- Don’t skip your cardio.
- Try not to feel guilty about indulging every now and then. If you had a day of bad eating or were just being extra lazy on a Saturday, remember that tomorrow is a new day!
- DRINK YOUR WATER. I am constantly using the restroom because I know water helps remove toxins from the body and allows it to function properly.
HOT YOGA. One of my all-time favorite workouts. Also, one of the more challenging workouts that I perform. I frequently participate in Hot Power Vinyasa. This type of class focuses on power and movement with added cardio, balance, strength, and relaxation. I love setting an intention for my practice. Doing so allows me to push through the soreness I may be feeling or the urge to just curl up into child’s pose. For example, on Tuesday, my intention was to detox my body of negative thoughts, feelings, and toxins. Today, I wanted to focus on strengthening my mental and physical health. It is so worth the sweat and work it takes to hold that Crescent Lunge to Warrior 3/(insert any other difficult sequence) though!! Listed below are only some of the benefits of hot yoga that I found online to encourage you to give it a go! Leave a comment if you have any questions!