Happy day of love!! Fill out this Valentine’s Day THIS or THAT that I created with your gal pal, S.O., or read your answers out loud to your dog! xx, mir.
my cozy fleece blanket
pounds and pounds of moisturizer
iced gingerbread candle
the road to success ;))
Since living in Chicago, I have attended 2 black tie events, and the last time I wore a long, formal gown was my high school prom. Soooo, after looking at a variety of different places, I found that Forever 21 actually has decently priced, nice gowns. Below are the two dresses I have purchased as well my reviews on them. I am curious to try out Rent the Runway at some point also. If anyone has experience with that company, please leave a comment! xx, mir.
10 items that you DO NOT need…
- old makeup/haircare products.
- contacts in your phone that are no longer relevant.
- belts you don’t wear.
- old cell phone covers.
- e-mail subscriptions that you immediately delete once you see them in your inbox.
- expired meds.
- scratched or broken sunglasses.
- old paperwork/notebooks.
- purses you never use, but keep telling yourself you will.
- t-shirts! we all have wayyy too many.
Hi loves! I hope you’re staying warm! Below are some DIY projects that I am excited about making. Comment below if you have additional suggestions! xx, miranda.
LEMON ICE CUBES!
1. Squeeze fresh lemon juice into a cup. Add a little bit of water to help it freeze more evenly.
2. Pour into ice cube tray of choice. I prefer these mini ones, as I only pop a few into my water jug and they melt quicker….and did I mention they are cute and make me happy?
CRATE BOOK CASE
Hellllooo Sunday morning! Below is a prompt that I found on Pinterest and thought I’d try out (with some edits). Please comment your thoughts and suggestions for new blog posts below! Also, if you’re feeling inclined, take 10-15 minutes today to fill this out yourself! xx, miranda.
a: if I’m in love.
b: who the last person I talked to on the phone was.
c: how long it’s been since I’ve been kissed.
hi loves! below are lists of cheap ideas for you and your boo-thang, you and your galentines, or just for YOself! xx, mir.
YOU + BOO.
- go to Target and read all of the Valentine’s Day cards under the “romance funny” section. you’ll be rollin’.
- make dinner together, have some chocolate-covered strawberries, and put in a movie.
- participate in a wine & painting class.
- get a take-out meal + play a game of truth or dare.
- see a comedy show.
- buy valentine’s pjs and make breakfast (for breakfast) or breakfast (for dinner).
5 of my favorite songs right now
Hair Body Face — Lady Gaga
1999 — Charli XCX
Chapters — Brett Young
Girl Like You — Jason Aldean
SICKO MODE — Travis Scott
5 of my favorite things to eat right now
In one of my classes today, my professor asked us to introduce ourselves to the class and then share 3 words that describe us. I thought of the 3, but wanted to think of some additional things to share with you all. Please comment some of your attributes/words that might be surprising to me or others!
(P.S. This is a great self-care activity.) XX, Mir.
H A P P Y F R I D A Y.
Here are some things that I did recently that made me appreciate my last few days off before my second quarter of grad school begins!
- Watch the Taylor Swift reputation stadium tour on Netflix. Brought tears to my eyes. Her talent, voice, lyrics, and stage presence is absolutely incredible. I have loved her ever since her first album when she started out in the country genre. It is 2 hours long, so hop on a treadmill or paint your nails while watching!
- If you want a cookie, go treat yourself. Just don’t overdo it 😉
- Never underestimate the endorphins from a leisurely walk outside.
- For my ladies: wearing lipstick can make you feel like a bada**