What a fabulous weekend. I’m not even upset that it’s Sunday because I truly felt like I made the most out of my time off. Saturday was quite eventful… morning walk, breakfast at Cafe Patachou with my cousin, Broad Ripple Farmers Market, where I got the happiest bunch of sunflowers, pool/chill time at home, dance cardio, and then back to Broad Ripple to check out the bars with an IU gal pal. Today, I took a morning bike ride, started packing for my trip to the Windy City this upcoming weekend, and had a lovely afternoon visiting The Eagle for the first time with a charming human being. Afterwards, I went to mass and then had evening run.
Hello beauties! Welcome to Friday!
- I recently discovered a sunflower field in Indiana and am excited to visit it!!
- Actively planning/researching a yoga retreat that I want to attend… another item on my bucket list. See this post to read about the other item I recently discussed.
- Whenever I come to Bloomington to nanny, I remember my time here as an undergrad and am so thankful for the growth that took place. (Can’t believe my baby brother will be moving here soon!) However, I am ready for the next chapter in Chicago. 41 days!
- Speaking of nannying… Emma has had me watch The Incredibles with her 6 times this week lol.
- A fun weekend of brunch dates, socializing in Naptown, and time with my momma ahead!
Music for the Day:
- Hearts on Fire — Gavin James
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Live) — Ben Rector
- Human connection is one of the most powerful forces in the world. Making someone smile as well as being the recipient of a nice gesture/compliment are lovely little things.
- Today is yours. You choose how you want the day to play out.
- Think positively.
- Nourish your body with good things, but treat yourself in moderation.
- Worry less.
- Dance more.
- Love often.
- Be happy.
***I do not own the majority of the photos used in this post.***
A more reflective blog post for you on this Sunday. Lately, I have been waking up around 5 a.m. I enjoy peaceful morning time and find myself being the most productive then. However, with my crazy schedule nannying for three families and working at the donut shop, I have been setting my alarm clock earlier and earlier so that I can have time to do the things that make my soul happy: exercising, sunshine time, reading, and painting. I try to make the most out of my days, but I think the sleep debt is catching up to me…
Gooood morning! Last night I had a fun time meeting a gal pal for dinner at The Tap in Bloomington and then having an impromptu photo shoot afterwards! (See pics below.) It’s always nice to channel my creative side via pictures. Also, still LOVING my black hair hehe.
In other news, I am having a serious case of the travel bug! I want to explore a new coastal town and just soak in the culture, views, and sun, but my wallet is saying, “NO NO NO!” In the meantime, here are some low-cost trip ideas that I might indulge in 🙂
When you are old, what do you think children will ask you to tell stories about?
my travel adventures
What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a cat?
tiger — baby tiger cubs are the sweetest and should always stay that small
When did something start out badly for you, but in the end was great?
undergraduate career at IU
A compilation of my favorite moment(s) from each month of being 21.
As many of you know, I am a nanny. I am watching for 4 families this summer and am so lucky to be a part of these kids’ lives. Here are some things that I’ve learned throughout my time as a nanny/babysitter over the past 10 years.
Chasing a 1.5 year old around for 7+ hours does count as exercise.
Don’t wear your favorite clothes when you are watching babies that are still being bottle-fed.
Sometimes the kids get sassy/throw tantrums, and you have to discipline them.
5 things to do more often
- listen to the Discover playlists on Spotify to explore new artists/songs
- dance as I’m getting ready for the day — removes any anxiousness or tension I’m feeling
- say “YES” to invitations
- hot yoga — very challenging at times (especially when I’m sore), but very rewarding
- prioritize sleep
5 things to do less often
- compare myself to others
- worry about things I cannot control
- drink tea past 7pm
- only sticking to romance, fiction novels
- having so many expectations for my life and how it should be
A book in my hands.
A cup of green tea.
Sand in my toes.
Watching movies with my fam.
Taking my pup on long walks.
A much anticipated hug.
Acoustic versions of songs.
The sun– sunsets, sunrise, Sunday’s, sunbathing.
Making someone smile.
30 QUESTIONS. GO.
How do I feel at the moment?
Content, rested, and relaxed.
What do I need more of in my life?
What would make me happy right now?
If I could rid myself of body-image issues.
What is going right in my life?
My relationships with family and friends.